Monday, August 29, 2011

Superheroes, Bran, Single Ladies, Gravity, and Sesame Street

Today was the day!!  The first day with some of my students.  We do a staggered entry, so I only had half the class for a half day today, I will have half tomorrow, and then everyone on Wednesday.  I've been so excited about this day for a while.  The anticipation just about made me explode with excitement as I wondered about each one of them, their personalities, how they act when mom's not around (which can be good or bad!) what they're interested in, and what they love to do....oh I could go on and on.  There are so many little details about each one of them that makes them so unique, and a special part of our class family.

So, what I learned in my 4 hours with them today...


  • No one likes bran cereal...what a shocker (not)
  • I have 2 DIVAS! (maybe more after tomorrow)
  • I have to watch/learn A LOT about batman, spiderman, superman, superwoman, cat woman, sand man, hulk, Bruce Wayne, Peter Parker, Clark Kent, and all the other superheroes...which i've avoided all these years...geez
  • you can learn a lot about a family when you have cousins in the same class, if their moms only knew
  • i'll have to plan a little lesson on "What goes up, WILL come down" ie. sand in the sand box, of course i think the lesson was learned for this little one...it only takes one speck in the eye...
  • apparently "Single Ladies" is the hit song in the 4-year old world...sad
  • you have to keep it a secret if you still like Seseme Street bc "its for babies"
  • And...I basically have the COOLEST kids in Durham in my class
Can't wait to see what tomorrow holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment