Wednesday, July 6, 2011

covered by grace??

Apparently to have a blog, you have to have a blog name or a heading...and how in the world do you come up with something creative, but with meaning?  I would like to say I came up with mine because I am just that creative, cool, and "deep," but no...to be honest I was scrolling through the different fonts as I was designing my new blog, and what do you know...there really is a font called covered by grace!  

So I thought about it, moved on, went back, moved on, went back, and then paused.....(insert dramatic pause here).....covered by grace, well that definitely is me.  I'm covered by grace.  But really, what does that mean for me, what does it mean for you?  Aren't we all covered by grace...(YES would be the correct response, in case you're wondering)  But do we ever stop to think about it, realize it, accept it?  I'm covered by God's grace, whoa...that's a big deal!

2 Corinthians 12:9...go read it (its under my heading in case your Bible is MIA)

As I think about it, just in the last few weeks I have countless examples, big and small, of how God's grace really has been a covering over me.  As you may know, I've spent the last three weeks working at youth camps for middle school students, crazy at moments, but a humbling learning experience for sure.  

One weakness I truly have...ladders.  Heights really, but throw in a shaky 15 foot ladder....leads to weakness in every joint of my body.  But, I love a good challenge and building a platform for the camp program meetings requires someone to get atop a 15 ft ladder and bolt trusses together, tie curtain from dangling poles, hook up cool lights, etc.  I'm not really positive what I was thinking in the moment....but it was only by GOD'S GRACE that I climbed that ladder, multiple times and completed the task before me.  His power made perfect in my weakness.  

You may think, its just a ladder, why not let someone who's not scared get up there?  All I can say is that in the moment, I volunteered, but not me, Christ in me, to take my moment of weakness, and show His power to use a terrified gal on top of a 15 ft ladder, (no hands to hold on might I add) to teach me a lesson in His perfect grace.

So, I write to you....whoever you are reading this, we are covered by grace, even in a simple moment of bolting two pieces of steel together.  We're all weak...so what do we do?...finish the verse....

"...Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong."  2 Corinthians 12: 9-10 


1 comment:

  1. For someone who hates ladders, you did an awfully good job climbing them and putting together our set! Covered by Grace indeed! :-) Enjoy your time off. See you at Jekyll in a week+.

    ReplyDelete